The grand opening of Hilton Head Island's Whole Foods Market takes place on Wednesday, July 30. Bread-breaking will be at 8:45 a.m. with mayor Drew Laughlin.
WHEN: Wednesday, July 30
· 8:45 a.m.: Bread-breaking ceremony with Hilton Head Island Mayor Drew Laughlin
· 9 a.m.: Store opens its doors to shoppers
· Allegro Coffee Company will serve up free coffee from its custom-built 1951 “Flxible” Airstream bus from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m.
WHAT: Whole Foods Market Hilton Head Island will welcome special guests and celebrate the store’s grand opening. The community is invited to be among the first to also enjoy:
· A chance to win one of 100 gift cards valued between $5 and $500.
· Live music at 9 a.m. by Sterlin and Shuvette
· Live music at 4 p.m. from the Lowcountry Bluegrass Boil Band
WHERE: 50 Shelter Cove Ln., the Plaza at Shelter Cove
The grocery store’s grand opening will reveal 30,000 square feet and features including:
· A coffee bar with menu options including espresso beverages, fresh- and cold-brewed coffees, smoothies and frozen beverages from New York City-based Kelvin Natural Slush Co.
· A four-tap growler station pouring craft beers from breweries across the region.
· Eat-in or to-go options off the prepared foods department’s hot and salad bars, pizza station and prepackaged meal shelves.
· More than 250 hand-cut cheeses—part of the store’s specialty department that also hosts a selection of more than 500 wines and 450 beers, from exclusives to organic, biodynamic and gluten-free. Local breweries Wooden Skiff Brewing Company and River Dog Brewing Co. are in the beer lineup.
· Full-service teams and made-in-store items in the seafood, bakery and meat departments; the latter will feature cuts from regional suppliers including Brasstown Beef (N.C.), Thompson Farms (Ga.) and Hunter Cattle’s grass-fed beef (Ga.).